if you want to have a prosperous new year, here are a few things you can do for new year's day
- clean the house before new year's day, this washes away the dirt of the year before.
- buy new clothes, get a hair cut, and shoes, for a fresh start in the new year.
- a red piece of clothing for the New Years brings good luck, because it is the color of luck.
- prepare something sweet for New Year's day, to bring sweetness to the New Year.
- remember that the chinese new year is considered as the new beginning, which literally means, let bygones be bygones.
- red paper on your door will bring you luck. chinatown sells the lucky red new year's paper for doors, but if you can't get to chinatown, a nice piece of red paper will do.
- on new year's day, we are not supposed to wash our hair because it would mean we would have washed away good luck for the new year.
- go to chinatown for the dragon dance and firecrackers. firecrackers scare off the bad spirits so that only good spirits will begin the new year.